* manages the textbook adoption process;
* oversees development of the statewide curriculum;
* administers the statewide assessment program;
* administers a data collection system on public school students, staff, and finances;
* rates school districts under the statewide accountability system;
* operates research and information programs;
* monitors for compliance with federal guidelines; and
* serves as a fiscal agent for the distribution of state and federal funds.
Includes materials for TExES (Texas Examinations of Educator Standards™) and ExCET (Examination for the Certification of Educators in Texas). Page also includes links for exam registration and other important information.
The Texas Public Education Information Resource (TPEIR) website provides reports and data on Texas educational topics and trends.
These reports combine multiple data sources to produce useful information about Texas public school students from PK through college and into the workforce. Teacher certification and school district staff reports are also available.
All public schools in Texas, including charter schools, with accountability rating (met standard, improvement required, not rated), indexes, and distinctions. Listed by school district name. Innovation Academy is listed under UT Tyler Innovation Academy.
"supports schools in meeting the educational needs of all students by providing a means for schools to share information about evidence-based best practices." Searchable by Evidence Type, District/Campus Type, and Topic Area.
Information on PACT (Pre-Admission Content Testing), TExES (Teacher Examinations of Educator Standards), TExMaT (Texas Examinations of Master Teachers, TASC and TASC-ASL (Texas Assessment of Sign Communication), ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages), and AAFCS (American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences).