Wondering if we have a specific book but don't know how to search the library catalog? Refer to the Library Catalog tab on the Using the Library page of this orientation guide to find out how!
We have a wide variety of books, especially for health and nursing, available electronically. We have eBooks through a variety of sources and options for viewing will vary. In addition to finding eBooks through SwoopSearch or in the Library Catalog, you can also search through a particular provider (a selected few are listed below).
WorldCat is a catalog of libraries worldwide. While our Library Catalog shows what books are in our Library, WorldCat will reveal what is available in other libraries and provides an easy link to "Borrow from Another Library". You can pull up WorldCat using Databases by Title or through the link below:
You should be taken directly to the Advanced Search Screen
1. Search option include Keyword, Subject, Title, Author, ISBN number and more
2. Limit by Year or Language
3. Limit by type of material (i.e. Books)
4. Additional subtype limiters for audience, content, and format
5. You can also limit to only items available at our library
1. Information about the item such as date, edition, etc.
2. When an item is held in our collection, "The University of Texas at Tyler" appears beside Libraries Worldwide (link)... as in the example above. Click "Search the catalog at UT Tyler" to learn more of its whereabouts.
3. "Borrow from Another Library" takes you to the login for your Interlibrary Loan account. After you login, all you need to do is complete and submit the request form.