Poetry Contest Rules
We want to invite all currently enrolled UT Tyler students to submit their original poems to our Student Poetry Contest. This is part of our festivities for National Poetry Month. This online contest runs from Monday March 30 to Thursday April 16. Here is what you need to know in terms of rules:
- Poems must be original, unpublished works.
- Poems must be written in English by currently enrolled UT Tyler Students, Faculty, or Staff.
- Poems must be less than 60 lines.
- Limit two poems per person.
- Your name, telephone number, email address, and poem title are required. Please note that if your contact information is incorrect, your entry will be invalid. (I would just add a mini-form at the bottom or top of the rules with all the highlighted information in a more abbreviated form.)
- Deadline: Submissions must be in no later than noon (12:00pm) on Thursday, April 17, 2015.
- No entry fee is required. Yes, it’s FREE to enter.
- Copyright remains with the author. Entries will not be returned.
- Poems will be judged by a panel of judges, including faculty and award-winning poets from the Poetry Society of Texas.
- Awards will be announced on the Robert R. Muntz Library, UT Tyler facebook page on April 24th.
So, break out the pens and pads, or get on your keyboard and get inspired. You can submit your poems to April Stiles, Reference and Outreach Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also bring your submission in person to the library’s reference desk.