Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print is a database comprising two products produced by the Buros Center for Testing at the University of Nebraska: 1) Mental Measurements Yearbook, and 2) Tests in Print.
Both products provide reviews of "commercially available," currently accessible, English language behavioral instruments. ("Mental Measurements Yearbook," n.d.)
All of the instruments referenced in this database are commercial products. So in most cases, you will need to purchase in order to access and use a particular instrument.
The field defaults for keyword searching in Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests In Print cover the following indexes:
• TI Test Name/Title
• AC Acronym (of the test name)
• AU Author
• RE Reviewer
• PB/PN Publisher's Name
• PO Population
• PU Purpose
• SC Scores yield by the Test
• DM Administration Code
• AV Price
• General Subject Headings
Keyword in this database thus covers most of the important available text fields. Unless you need to ensure absolutely no instrument was missed, keyword searching is probably sufficient for this database.
If, however, you are seeking comprehensive, exhaustive coverage of the database, All Text nested "OR" searching is your best bet (see below).
The best strategy for an exhaustive search of the database, All Text nested "OR" searching searches every field in the record for text matching your search terms.
To nested "OR" All Text-search PsycINFO for instruments,
1) Enter your topic search terms (variables you hope to measure) in the first search box
2) In the next search box, enter the following search strategy: "Survey* OR Questionnaire* OR Scale* OR Inventor*"
3) In the adjacent drop down menu (to the strategy you just entered) scroll down and select (click to highlight) TX All Text.
4) Click the Search button to initiate the search.
As databases go, this one is tiny. In this database, nested "OR" strategies are no more effective (and in many cases, are less effective) than simply searching directly for your search terms using keyword or All Text.