Use Zotero folders to:
Organize your research
Set up folders for projects
Set up folders for thesis/dissertation chapters
Share research with Groups
To create a new folder:
1) Click the New Collection button (top left) in the Zotero utility bar.
2) Enter a file name in the text box (below Enter a name for this collection:)
3) Click the OK button.
Adding to Folders from Existing Records in Zotero
From any folder (My Library or subfolder), click and drag records from Folder View to the intended folder destination. A copy of the record(s) will migrate to the target folder in seconds.
Earmarking Records for Direct Export to Designated File Folders
1. Before initiating a direct export, open the Zotero manager.
2. Highlight the intended folder destination in Library View.
3. Initiate direct export from the database of origin.
A copy of the record(s) in question will download to both My Library (your default masterfile) and your designated subfolder.