What happens if I exit a database session without saving to My EBSCOhost folders?
You lose all records held in the temp folder.
If you do not sign in to your My EBSCOhost account during your session, any marked records will be temporarily placed in a holding file.
You can move these records to permanent files in your My EBSCOhost account at any time during your session by signing in and transfering them.
But if you log out of your session before doing so, your session will be cleared and all activity performed will be lost.
Batch saving allows you to amass records in a temporary folder and then shift them to custom folders all at once (at the end of a session, before logging off, for example).
Batch Save Procedure - End of Session Record Migration
1. Log in to an EBSCO database & perform a search.
2. Select the records to add to the temporary folder by clicking the blue folder icons in the right margin of the record.
3. Navigate to the Folder View screen by locating and clicking the Folder View link in the Folder has items window (top right column of Search Results display).
4. In Folder Contents, locate and click the Sign in to My EBSCOhost link to log in to your account.
5. Select the records to save to permanent folders within your account.
a. Use Select all if you are going to shift all records for the session to a single folder.
b. Select records individually by clicking the selection box to the left of each record if planning to save the records into separate folders.
6. Use the Copy To or Move To buttons to either...
a. Send a copy of records to custome folders, retaining a copy in the main Articles folder (Copy To option), or
b. Shift records from the Articles folder into designated custom folders (Move To option).
7. Sign Out and Log Off to end session.