HISTORICAL REALISTIC FICTION is a story that can actually happen and is true to life but also either takes place in a historical setting or attaches itself to an event in history.
•May be based upon dates, people, or events that really happened.
• Major historical event may be an essential.
• Accuracy of the historical detail is evident.
• May include author notes on research.
• Categories of historical fiction are based upon the time period or historical era.
• Characters and time periods are lifelike.
• Conflict allows children to compare the past with the present in order to better understand our world.
♦Lois Lowry ♦Joyce Hansen
♦Christopher Paul Curtis
♦Eugene Yelchin ♦Ruth White
♦Mary Ann Rodman ♦Nathan Hale
♦Joan Wolf ♦Elizabeth Winthrop
♦Lea Wait ♦Jacqueline Woodson
⇒Go to library homepage http://library.uttyler.edu
⇒Scroll down and click on LIBRARY CATALOG
⇒Scroll down to the limit list and select the area you want to limit to: CML Easy Fiction (PreK-2nd grade), CML Juvenile Fiction (3rd -5th grade), CML Adolescent Fiction ( 6th-8th grade), CML Young Adult Fiction (9th-12th grade)
⇒Now select search.
⇒Write down the call number, title, and location (i.e. CML EZ, JUV, ADOL, YA or Dewey)